EMS provides a full spectrum of services to assess, safely clean up, and sustainably reuse brownfields. A brownfield is a formerly developed property that is going to be redeveloped or re-purposed, and may be complicated by the presence or potential presence of a hazardous substance or pollutant.
Our scientists, geologists, researchers, and technicians have abundant experience performing the complex operations involved in redeveloping brownfield properties.
- Investigation of the potential presence of contaminants (Phase I Site Assessments)
- Identification of the type and extent of contaminants (Phase II Site Assessments)
- Design of a remedy to address contamination (Remedial Action Plans)
- Provide cleanup cost estimates
- Implementation of a remedy for the contamination
EMS utilizes a three-step process rigorously outlined by the American Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM). We perform Phase I and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments, and depending upon our findings, we may perform a Phase III Environmental Site Assessment. Our experienced team identifies applicable remediation technologies and provides analyses of their potential advantages, limitations and costs so that our clients can make informed decisions.