EMS provides a full spectrum of services to assess, safely clean up, and sustainably reuse brownfields. A brownfield is a formerly developed property that is going to be redeveloped or re-purposed, and may be complicated by the presence or potential presence of a hazardous substance or pollutant.
Our scientists, geologists, researchers, and technicians have abundant experience performing the complex operations involved in redeveloping brownfield properties.
- Investigation of the potential presence of contaminants (Phase I Site Assessments)
- Identification of the type and extent of contaminants (Phase II Site Assessments)
- Design of a remedy to address contamination (Remedial Action Plans)
- Provide cleanup cost estimates
- Implementation of a remedy for the contamination
EMS utilizes a three-step process rigorously outlined by the American Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM). We perform Phase I and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments, and depending upon our findings, we may perform a Phase III Environmental Site Assessment. Our experienced team identifies applicable remediation technologies and provides analyses of their potential advantages, limitations and costs so that our clients can make informed decisions.
Check out our article about brownfield redevelopment!